Manor Road URC – Church News – Sunday 13th September 2020.
I hope the past week has been a good week.
As promised last week, this week I am going to give everyone a synopsis of what our church congregation (as well as the general public) can expect when they return back to the church for our Sunday morning services.
This document has been created by our Interim Moderator: The Revered John Campbell. This was handed to our church elders on 27th August 2020.
Only items that are related to our church congregation and visitors are being documented today. The Full document will be able to be viewed from Next Week Sunday, where a New Headings page will be included on the front title page of the website; so that everyone will then be able to read the FULL document.
4. SAFE WORSHIP
- Worshippers will be directed to a plastic seat where they can sit. Social distancing of 2m must be maintained at all times.
- At offering time and at communion worshippers will be invited to come out one by one, keeping social distance, to drop their offering in the plate or to pick up a piece of bread and a small glass. They will consume the bread and wine as they stand there then drop the glass in a basin of soapy water provided.
- People may hum along with the songs if they keep mouth shut & mask on.
- Emergency evacuation routes remain the same as before, but people should try to keep social distance as they leave the building.
- If someone is taken ill during a service, they will be directed to the hall downstairs and isolated there until arrangements can be made for them to return home safely, or go to hospital, as necessary, The disabled toilet will be reserved exclusively for anyone so isolated. The building will be shut down for a minimum of 72 hours after such an occurrence, then deep cleaned, even if this means canceling other services due that day.
6. LEAVING THE CHURCH
- When the service is over, the sanctuary steward will direct people to leave one by one, using the hand sanitizer at both ends of the stairs as they pass
- People will be asked to leave the building immediately and not cluster for conversation.
7. CLEANING AFTERWARDS.
- There will be a thorough cleaning of all the spaces used, including the toilets after each service, paying particular attention to all areas that people have touched or breathed on (door handles, light switches, microphones, toilet locks, etc) as well as the screen on the communion table and all the plastic bucket seats. The tub containing contact details will be dated and carefully put aside for 21 days, after which the contents can be destroyed and the tub reused.
Have a good week everyone.
Do Please Keep Safe.